I'm just going to address the elephant in the room right away: I realize half the population hates cilantro with a fiery passion, so feel free to omit it from this salad - it will still be delicious.
This salad tastes like summer in a bowl. The melon and cucumber are refreshing and juicy, and the herbs give it a deliciously fresh note. With hot weather showing no signs of going away any time soon, it's the perfect dish for when you're too sweaty to cook anything.
- 2.5 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1.5 Tbsp light avocado oil or olive oil
- 3 cups chopped cantaloupe (about half a melon)
- 3 cups peeled + chopped cucumber (about 1.5 medium cukes)
- 1 tsp thinly sliced jalapeño
- 3 Tbsp sliced mint
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro (don’t freak out, it’s optional)
- Sprinkle of salt (also optional)
Add all salad ingredients to bowl. Combine dressing ingredients and drizzle over salad, tossing to coat. Eat it and be happy!
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @charteredwellness on Instagram and hashtag it #charteredwellness
Leave a comment!