These roasted nuts actually have a ton of spices in them, but calling them "Rosemary + Turmeric + Ginger + Cumin + Cinnamon + a bunch of other spices Spiced Nuts" seemed a little aggressive.
If it's still cold and rainy where you are, these the snack for you. They're full of warming spices + healthy fats, and are the perfect cozy snack for a movie night.
They're also great for bringing to a party because they're quick to throw together, easy to transport, and will make you look like Ina Garten!
You can use any assortment of nuts that you like for this recipe. I like a mix of walnuts, almonds, and pecans, but let your imagination run wild! Also be sure that the nuts you use are raw (if you can spring for organic and sprouted, even better!).
Salt is the magic ingredient that makes all the rest of the flavors really pop, so making sure you use enough is super important. Weirdly enough, not all salt is equally salty, so you may need to use more than I've indicated in the recipe. Taste one before putting in the oven to make sure there's enough salty goodness to take this snack to the next level!
- 2 cups nuts (assorted, raw)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (more for more heat)
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 300°F / 145°C.
- In a large bowl, combine oil and all spices. Stir to combine.
- Add nuts to bowl, stirring until they are evenly coated with the spice mixture.
- Spread nut mixture evenly onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Place tray in oven and cook for just about 15 minutes, until nuts are mostly dry and crispy. Stir halfway through and make sure to keep an eye on them at the
- end, because they can go from “just right” to “totally burnt mess” rather quickly.
- Remove from oven and enjoy immediately. Leftovers can be kept in an airtight container, but believe me when I tell you there won’t be any.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @charteredwellness on Instagram and hashtag it #charteredwellness
Leave a comment!